- Peel the grapefruits and chop them into cubes, carefully removing the sour peel.
Gather the juice spilled during the chopping process.
- In a bowl, gather the grapefruit, the lemon juice and the star anise, cover with a lid and let it marinate in a cool place. Add a few drops of lemon juice to the pomegranate juice too.
- Crush or mince the green anise seeds, then combine them to the whole wheat flour and add a pinch of salt. Create a fountain with the flour and pour the oil and water in the middle, until you obtain a soft dough.
- Split the dough into 4 balls and level them as thin as possible. Place them on a baking tray covered with parchment paper, make some holes using a fork and bake at 190°C for about 5 minutes.
- In a casserole, combine the yellow pomegranate juice with the pink pomegranates juice and the sugar. Let it simmer on a low heat for about 10 minutes, until it reduces its height of about one third, to obtain a pretty dense syrup.
- Place the crunchy crackers on the marinated cubes, drizzle with the warm syrup, and decorate with both types of anise, then serve.